- Go to Settings menu
- Delivery options
- Receiver tab
- Put the check to Power off the clickers…
Lessons are tests
Team activities tab—like Jeopardy type games
Reports tab: there are tons of different reports you can create…
CTE teachers should already have lessons (tests) made
- Teacher led test,
- student paced (test in front of them and a remote)
- Student practice mode
- go to preferences
- change size of tool bar,
- tool bar settings
- check to change to size 40
Also change advanced settings to show more items in the toolbar
- Steven and Doreen will give us the list of kids who need computer skills test
- No proctors but they do have to have mods, they will be entering kids in atomic learning
- Go into my trainings, my assessments
- 48 questions randomly assigned, so they may have different questions
- After all the scores come in…we do not report scores—district will handle all the reporting…Principals do not handle it!!
- Data is not always accurate, so let Marlo know if there is any issue…District will handle the one big upload.
- All we have to do is check the list schedule the test, let them know When we are finished—you can test anytime before April…
- Not part of any gateway, no one is looking at it. Only reason we are doing it is because of federal dollars.
- It is a really hard test—indicates teachers are not teaching 21st century skills…but it is an eye opener to what we are not doing in schools.
- Sherwood Forest
- Rural Hall
- Sedge Garden
- Downtown Elem
Plan is ....is, if they finish this summer, then Walkertown HS/MS and other schools coming on…
Kevin—Technical side issues
If you ever go into the running processes you will see “BESClient UI.exe”
- Ticker box at the bottom has updates on it, cleaner interface without the tabs.
- Images have been watered down somewhat, so may have to use AICP a little more…
- Check box AICP will be coming so you can install several items at one sweep.
Profile sweep is coming up –the 13th through the 17th: Use the utility to check your computer. For all class room machines.
- Process improvement committee update:
- Now e-mails have more information on them—
- ticket number at the end…
- speed improvements
- simplified categories
- will be moving data to our data center…to see if it improves speed.
- Email subject line has ticket number now,
- Service project has employee name, etc.
- There will be much more detail in the sub category..
- Christmas Break –Assist will be down for a few days (around the 29th) while they update the new categories, etc.
- First default password is 123456
- Refer password problems to Brenda Bourne (MS/HS) or James Lucas (elem)
- This is for help with teachers who need help with this site…
- All schools are using this…to evaluate teachers…
- professional development,
- on-line evaluation system:
Common Question:—tried to print, will not print—under FAQ—there are suggestions:
Now signed in…Peggy D. asked about doing a peer evaluation…
Marlo Gaddis: School Wires
On intouch blog: Be checking it out for the latest:
Upgrade taking place—mostly on December 29th:
As of December 14th at 4:00 will not be able to use Site Manager on School Wires—
The upgrade rocks....!!
- They are completely re-building the platform
- Now Site Manager, will automatically direct them to the pages that they can edit.
- Site Manager: Will require more training…
- Passport rights: we will now have the ability to unlock your own teacher accounts!!
- Users: look under “more” and you can “emulate” user…without having to know their user name and password
- New version can create your own groups so that roles can be customized for secured pages-- A protected page for example that only a certain group can see.
- Webmasters will be scheduling for January training
- Hierarchy will now be drag and drop!!
- New page types for now "APPS"
- More than one calendar per section will now be possible, can even have more than one calendar per page
- APPS are drag and drop…
- Can change existing page types without starting all over
- A team can make a calendar that can be shared…Can now have a separate calendar that only a group in your school can see…
- We have a sandbox site, and they will create accounts for webmasters for the month of December.
AGAIN, Dec 14th after 5:00—No SITE MANAGER…
Dept of technology/ncwise link to the docs that they currently have on the upgrade…
Stipends are coming ($1000 is still in effect)